What is Ferrero Rocher Chocolate?
Ferrero Rocher is a delicious and luxurious type of chocolate produced by the Italian company Ferrero since 1981. It consists of small ball-shaped chocolates with a crispy wafer shell filled with hazelnuts and pistachios, all covered in a golden metallic wrapper adorned with the distinctive brand logo. Ferrero Rocher chocolates are sold worldwide as part of the premium assortment. The product is available in various formats, including smaller packs of 3 or 4 pieces, traditional boxes made of cellophane or plastic containing 16 pieces, and larger gift boxes that can hold over 20 pieces.
Key Ingredients of Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
The production process of Ferrero Rocher chocolate is highly secretive, and the use of smartphones or laptops is prohibited inside the production facilities. However, the chocolate typically consists of a whole roasted hazelnut surrounded by a creamy chocolate mixture primarily made of milk, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, cocoa powder, skimmed milk powder, palm oil, artificial vanilla flavor, ground hazelnuts, palm oil, wheat flour, sodium bicarbonate, and salt. This mixture is then covered with a crispy wafer layer filled with delicious nuts.
Preparing Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at Home
You can save your money and prepare the expensive Ferrero Rocher chocolate at home with very simple steps in less than 45 minutes:
- Whole roasted hazelnuts for the filling.
- 3 cups of finely chopped roasted hazelnuts for the chocolate layer.
- 50 grams of ground cashews.
- 3 cups of crushed wafer biscuits.
- Raw chocolate or any powdered chocolate (cocoa) can be used.
- 1 cup of skimmed milk.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable shortening (such as Nutella).
Steps to prepare Ferrero Rocher chocolate:
- Crush all the nuts used and place them in a dish.
- Prepare the chocolate filling by mixing the mentioned nuts together and then combining them with Nutella. Place the filling in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to solidify.
- Take out the chocolate filling from the refrigerator and shape it into a cohesive ball around a intact hazelnut. Place the balls in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, prepare the chocolate liquid by adding milk to the raw chocolate or cocoa, and add a quarter cup of coconut oil. Stir the mixture well over heat until melted. During the stirring, add the chopped hazelnuts and cashews.
- Leave the liquid chocolate mixture for 10 minutes to cool.
- Take the chocolate balls out of the freezer and dip them into the liquid chocolate mixture to form the crispy layer on the Ferrero Rocher ball.
- Place the balls on a tray and put them back in the freezer for 10 minutes until the outer layer solidifies. Then, place them on a serving tray to be enjoyed.